U-Explore Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is U-Explore Limited (registered number 8544080) whose registered office is at Round Foundry Media Centre, Foundry Street, Leeds, LS11 5QP.
If you are under sixteen (16) years of age you should discuss this policy with a parent or legal guardian and ensure they agree with it.
Please note that references in this policy to:
- an “Authorised User” means any teacher or careers advisor/consultant who satisfies the Establishment’s own internal data protection and student security protocols;
- an “Establishment” means any school, college or other organisation that has registered to use the U-Explore Services.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you at various stages in using our websites as follows:
- when you register and use the software you will provide us with registration details (which include name, gender, email address, Establishment details and year group);
- other information you have the option to provide will include (but not be limited to):
- personal statement(s), skills and qualifications;
- details of work experience and references;
- details of your action plan: goals and the steps you intend to take to reach them.
You are not obliged to provide further information. However, the more information you provide, the better the quality of the recommendations you will receive from the site.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
Information you give to us. We will use the information that you provide and that we collect to improve the quality of our service to you in the following ways:
- the provision of the information about you to your Establishment and to any parent/ guardian to support careers guidance advice. Where they register to use the service, Authorised Users at your Establishment will be able to access your information both individually, to assist you individually, and also on an aggregated basis with all other users at your Establishment to assist in developing the careers service at that Establishment. Your Establishment is responsible for determining who is an Authorised User. Please contact your Establishment if you require further information on their rules of access;
- to tailor your experience whilst on our software, ensuring it is relevant for your age and stage of progress through the careers guidance journey;
- to make you aware of other relevant products and services provided by U-Explore Limited or its partners;
- to make you aware of relevant training courses, apprenticeships and jobs provided by third parties;
- to build statistical modelling to understand labour market trends;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about goods and services we or our trusted partners offer that are similar to those that you are already using;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information in the following ways:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Whilst we will use your information to inform you of relevant third party products and services, we will not sell, rent or share your personal details to any third parties for marketing purposes. We may sell, rent or share elements of your data as part of anonymous aggregated data from your Establishment, but this will not include any personal information. We may share your information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if U-Explore Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The continued provision and improvement of our services is dependent on you being prepared to share personal information with us. It is therefore essential that you are confident to share your information with us.
- you have any questions or comments about our policies and procedures in respect of your data;
- you require details of personal information that we hold about you. In these circumstances a fee of £10 will be payable;
- you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes and have changed your mind;
- you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete. However, you should be able to amend this information yourself through your profile.